Cumulus Outdoors School Residentials in Swanage
Cumulus Outdoors Residential Centre, Cobbler’s Lane, Swanage, BH19 2PX
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What we offer on a school trip
A Cumulus Coast adventure residential is the perfect choice for a school trip or leavers’ camp. Fun and educational, the 3, 4 or 5 day programmes encourage students to enjoy and explore the great outdoors in stunning surroundings.
Our residential centre option is located in a purpose-built centre in Swanage, with the town centre and the beach a 10 minute walk away. We can accommodate up to 90 students and 10 teachers in dormitories set in six acres of grounds with ensuite facilities. There are catering facilities on-site, including a dining area and facilities on-site for a variety of adventure activities, plus space for both outdoor and indoor recreation, with classroom and field study facilities.
For those of you who prefer the life outdoors, our camping option is set in a secluded location on the edge of Poole Harbour, with 24 hour on-site pastoral care, each programme combines traditional bushcraft workshops with adventurous activities, from coasteering to kayaking and abseiling down sea cliffs. We are located approximately 5 miles from Swanage; a town with a quarrying and fishing history and a popular location for geography field trips. We are also 5 miles from Studland Beach and the amazing Old Harry Rocks again a great geography topic and also history links with Fort Henry and Exercise Smash for the D-Day Preparations.
As a partner to the Jurassic Coast Trust we are now also able to offer bespoke educational sessions to incorporate added depth to your programme of activities into your school’s programme.
- Camp-craft: Students will work through workshops scenarios which cover a range of Bushcraft skills. Tailored to meet the age and abilities of the group, these workshops are designed to enhance their skills.
- Coasteering: An action-packed adventure along the world famous Jurassic Coastline, coasteering takes students on an exploration of caves, rock pools and cliffs. The activity includes swimming, scrambling and cliff jumping.
- Dorset Waterpark: Dorset Waterpark is a huge Woodland Waterpark spread over two lakes overlooking Corfe Castle. Each lake features different challenges for you to tackle.
- Kayaking: The students will have a lot of fun, learning how to control their kayaks and developing confidence in the water through basic paddle strokes and water safety techniques.
- Mackerel Fishing: Students will be taken along the coast to the best fishing spots with a friendly skipper who will show them the ropes and explain the fishing technique. Hopefully bringing back lots of Mackerel for the camp fire!
- Rock Climbing & Abseiling: The students will learn how to fit a climbing harness, tie basic climbing knots and enjoy sea cliff climbing.
- In-camp entertainment: The students will work in their teams to compete in a series of fun challenges, putting their problem-solving skills to the test.