Climate Change at SEA LIFE London
Brr-ace yourself for the thrills and chills of SEA LIFE London's Polar Adventure. This brand new experience is an awe-inspiring adventure where pupils will meet creatures using stunning Augmented Reality. But listen up explorers, our glaciers are retreating and our ice cover is thinning, understand the Polar climate and the impact we (humans) are having on the environment in a new 45 minute KS2 Climate Change: Polar Explorer and KS3 Exploring Glaciers Workshop.
KS2 CLIMATE CHANGE: POLAR EXPLORER
- Understand the polar climate and what creatures live in this habitat
- Investigate ice: How did it get there? Where can you find it? Why is it melting?
- Explore food webs and how humans interfere with them e.g. oil spills
- Appreciate how they can make a difference to climate change in the polar regions
NEW KS3 CLIMATE CHANGE: EXPLORING GLACIERS
- Understand glacial landforms
- Understand and recognise the carbon cycle and its impact on climate change
- Explore how tourism and human settlements are affecting the inhabitants of the polar regions
- Look at the adaptations of Polar Bears, Orcas and Greenland Sharks
- Be introduced to the concept of light refraction in relation to the Northern Lights
Website Address: www.visitsealife.com/london/schools
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.