Gorge walking is a popular outdoor learning activity for students at an outdoor activity centre or on a residential school trip. It involves scrambling up rocks, jumping into plunge pools, sliding down natural water slides and abseiling down waterfalls.
On a gorge walking outdoor activity pursuit, students and educational groups can:
- Learn a new skill led by experienced and qualified gorge instructors
- Explore a beautiful and challenging environment
- Learn about the local geology and environment
- Build or improve teamworking and problem-solving skills
- Gain confidence and resilience
- Build mental and physical strength through exercise
- And most of all have a lot of fun!
Gorge walking is a great way for students on a school trip to get outside of the classroom and obtain memorable positive outdoor learning outcomes. Please see listed below various outdoor adventure specialists who can provide this fantastic adventure activity experience.