Silver Mountain Experience Santa's Grotto
10-12-2018 to 21-12-2018
Areas Served: Wales
Santa is again coming to visit us here at The Silver Mountain Experience this December, and we are very excited to announce our first ever Santa’s Grotto Schools Package.
- A visit to the Elves’ Workshop, where they are busy preparing for the big day!
- Entry to the Grotto, where the children get to meet Santa himself!
- A present for every child
- Christmas activities, including the Christmas Quiz Trail & cookie decorating!
- Surface attractions such as Fossil Dig, Museum, Dressing Up & Drawing Den, Miner’s Trail, Nature Trail and more!
- All work/quiz sheets
- Priority welcome reception and orientation briefing upon arrival
- Free coach parking, with a complimentary hot drink & mince pie for the coach driver
- Café serving warming drinks and festive treats
- Gift shop with small/affordable souvenir items.
Curriculum and skills:
Whilst mixing the magic of Christmas and the fun of the festivities together, the visit also offers a strong educational aspect in developing skills such as communication, numeracy, literacy, and creativity, and imagination. Our original 18th & 19thCentury Silver-Lead Mine here at Llywernog also links to many subjects – please ask to receive a copy of our education letter and resource pack.
£6.95 per pupil and teachers go FREE!
(Saving of £7 in comparison to public admission to Grotto and surface for an adult and child!)
To make the visit extra special, Gem Panning kits can be added for an extra £2 per pupil (normally priced at £3) to guarantee each child a selection of Gems or ‘Fool’s Gold’ to take home.
Weekdays between 10th– 21st December 2018. Limited slots available and must be pre-booked in advance.
Drama / Performing Arts, Caves & Caverns, Day Trip Destinations, Science, Mathematics, History, Geography, Environmental Studies, English, Geology
The Silver Mountain Experience offers students the opportunity to visit an 18th and 19th Century Silver-Lead Mine, where history is brought to life through the use of story-telling and the dramatic arts.