English Heritage West Midlands
MONTHS OPENApril, May, June, July, August, September, October
Listed under: Day Trip Destinations | Art and Design | Science | Arts & Galleries | Castles | Cathedrals. Abbeys. Churches | Historical Heritage | Museums | Outdoor Education | Parks and Gardens | Technology | Team Building | Religious Education | PSHE | Music | Business Studies | Citizenship | Design and Technology | Drama / Performing Arts | English | Environmental Studies | Geography | History | ICT | Leisure and Tourism | Mathematics | Wildlife and Nature Reserves
What we offer on a school trip
English Heritage aims to promote greater understanding and enjoyment of the historic environment.
Boscobel House and The Royal Oak
Wall Roman Site (Letocetum) Staffordshire
Wroxeter Roman City
Introduction for school trips and educational visits
English Heritage aims to promote greater understanding and enjoyment of the historic environment. This is why we offer learning groups -
* free entry to all 400+ properties plus free planning visits and property information
* useful online resources
* education facilities, resources and activities at selected properties
All we ask is that you book at least 14 days in advance, include planned and structured learning activities (see below) and have someone in charge of leading your group.
There are three ways to learn at sites in the care of English Heritage -
1) Lead your own visit in your own way (our free organisers? pack, emailed to you when your booking is confirmed, contains information to help you plan your visit and find tips about evaluating, recording, communicating and interpreting features through historical enquiry).
2) Add an expert-led Discovery Visit (available at some sites for £90 per group). Your organisation will be invoiced directly for the cost of the Discovery Visit.
3) Organise your own interpreter using our list of approved education providers on http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/education . Everyone on the list has relevant insurance, CRB checks and quality checks to enable them to operate effectively and professionally at our properties.
Please visit http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/education for full details.