Urban Saints Residential Centre Isle of Wight
Urban Saints Centre, Westbrook, Oakhill Road,, Ryde,, PO33 1PU
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What we offer
A few days at Urban Saints Westbrook can make a huge difference to the children and young people you work with. Time away together deepens relationships and unlocks great new opportunities and cements the investment you make throughout the year. The Urban Saints Westbrook schools team has been running amazing school trips for visiting on a residential basis - as well as inspiring activity and learning day-trips for local schools - for many years.We can build bespoke, managed, package deals for your school for up to 117 people. These packages will meet your curricular and statutory needs utilising our own amazing and verdant site as well as the Isle of Wight’s many wonderful attractions.
Our friendly and professional staff team can help you with your programme - both onsite and as you explore the beauty the whole island offers. In keeping with our Christian ethos we can provide a number of assemblies and talks which will expose your students to people and faith and their beliefs in an informative, genuine and non-coercive manner allowing you to meet your curricular requirements in this regard.
Urban Saints Westbrook is close to the town of Ryde (where the passenger ferry and hovercraft arrive from Portsmouth). We are less than a ten minute walk from the beach, and only a five minute drive from a large, 24 hour supermarket.
Group Sizes Catered For
Urban Saints Westbrook can accommodate groups of up to 117 people – across three separate zones. Camping and self-catering options are also available.
Risk Assessment Details
Full risk assessments for Urban Saints Westbrook, its activities and the activities it on-sells are available to view. We pride ourselves in our high compliance, low accident record which his delivered through careful understanding of current children and youthwork legislation and best practice. We employ an innovative approach to managing risk taking behaviors in young people within the context of child development.
The base-line full-board cost per person per night is £28 (October to March) and £32 (April to September). However, at Urban Saints Westbrook, we pride ourselves in offering a personalised, bespoke service to school parties and so we’d be happy to discuss prices and options with you before booking.
An example KS2 four night residential would include full bed and board, hovercraft travel across the Solent and coach travel around the island, daily offsite educational trips and onsite activities run by our staff team. Guideline costs, based on 56 children and 7 adults, would be between £212 and £229 each.
First Aid Information
Urban Saints Westbrook has a first aider onsite but visiting groups are required to bring their own first aider and first aid kit.
THE MAIN HOUSE
• Accommodation for up to 117 people, across three separate zones
• Spacious dinning / meeting area with self-service tea and coffee facilities
• Covered balcony area for outdoor eating and BBQ's
• Two meeting rooms with projector screens
• Great quality food (including packed lunches) provided by in-house catering team
• Tuck 'n' Stuff - selling merchandise, sweets and other small items
• Wi-fi available throughout the house
AROUND THE GROUNDS
• Fully heated, indoor swimming pool with retractable roof
• Woodland Laser Tag game zone
• Large indoor games room (rebuilt in 2017) with table tennis and pool tables (can be used as a large meeting space or dining room with adjacent commercial kitchen)
• Two 7-a-side football pitches
• Archery range
• A professionally constructed low ropes course and traverse climbing wall
• Hard court area, with basketball hoops
• Frisbee Golf course
• Two grass volleyball courts
• Giant outdoor chess set
• Outdoor games equipment
• Expansive grounds and woodlands to explore, play wide games, try bushcraft, team-building or orienteering
• Activities such as tree-climbing, story telling, nature and environmental experiences and team games can also be organised by our team
• 60 x 40ft marquee available as additional meeting space (April to September only)
• Additional accommodation block for teachers/helpers
• Ample onsite parking
Accessibility & Disabled Facilities
We want everyone to be able to experience a residential at Urban Saints Westbrook, however due to the age of the centre and site it doesn't naturally lend itself to being completely disability-friendly. However, we have installed a number of suitable disabled facilities.
We have a wheelchair lift in the dining area for accessibility to the upper tier of seating. There is an access ramp at the back of the building for those who need it. We have a disabled access room on the ground floor which is equipped with a flashing fire sounder for people with a hearing impairment. The beds within this room can also be adjusted to accommodate extra access. Situated next to this room is a disabled access toilet with walk in shower.
Opening Hours & Information
Urban Saints Westbrook is available to take bookings all year round. There is always a Duty Manager available to deal with any needs and the office is continually staffed Monday to Friday 9am to 12 noon (although bookings can be taken outside of these hours).
“Thank you so much for another very special week. I love Urban Saints Westbrook and have been coming for 16 years. It is a very special place and you are a wonderful team.” – Teacher, St Sampson’s C of E Junior School
Room Sizes and Facilities
Urban Saints Westbrook has a variety of room sizes although most contain bunk beds. Rooms have a sink, bathrooms are shared. We have approximately one shower to every five bed spaces throughout the building.