The Green Britain Centre Norfolk
Turbine Way, Swaffham, Norfolk, PE37 7HT
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Listed under: Day Trip Destinations | Citizenship | Technology | Ecology & Green Awareness | Environment Centres | Ecological Recycle & Waste Centres | Science | Mathematics | Geography | English | Design and Technology | Theatres
What we offer on a school trip
The Centre has a collection of record-breaking eco vehicles and is set in our award-winning organic gardens with heritage orchard and wildlife areas. The grounds are home to a full scale, working wind turbine. This is the first wind turbine IN THE WORLD open to the public for climbing and educational groups can arrange guided tours to the top via the spiral staircase (minimum age and height restrictions apply).
We run a variety of activities including:
• Eco-trail – follow the trail through our organic gardens, wildlife area and the centre looking at our world record breaking Renewable vehicles
• Windmill Experience – climb the 305 steps to the viewing gallery and experience wind energy from inside a modern Windmill, the first one in the world open for the public to climb!
• Windmill Kits – build your own turbine and see how much electricity you can generate.
• Recycling challenge – work in teams to sort the recycling against the clock
• Theatre – spend some time in our theatre and watch a selection of short eco-films• Grow Your Own – A chance to learn about, and have a go at, growing your own vegetables
• Bug Hotel – Make your very own bug/insect hotel