Rest Up London School Trip Hostel Accommodation Central London
Rest Up London 172 New Kent Road, London, , SE1 4YT
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What we offer
A hostel unlike any other hostel; with the hustle and bustle of central London on our doorstep complimented by the great array of guests within (young and old from all around the world) as well as friendly staff and delicious meals available throughout the day it's the perfect place to make new friends, relax and REST UP.
We have a century old history of being a hostel, a claim that we are very proud of, originally just for women and children however now open to all. With an original exterior, the interior has been brought up to date with modern common areas perfect for relaxing and zoning out of reality and into the cyber world with our FREE WIFI.
Our TV room and terrace are both great places to enjoy some snacks and laze around in the brightly coloured chairs/ bean bags and soak up the sunlight (on the rare occasions when London's weather decides to shine).
English not your mother tongue? That's not a problem! We have multi-lingual staffs that are here to help you.
Accreditation and Awards
- Hostelbookers.com – Award for Excellence 2014
2. Hostelworld.com – Best Hostel for Groups 2015
3. Booking.com – Most booked Hostel 2016
4. Iianorg.com – Top Choice Hotel 2016/2017
5. Visit Brittan – Awaiting assessment for star rating.
6. Member of ETOA – European Tourism Association
7. Member of BETA – British Educational Travel Association
Group Sizes Catered For
15 – 180 PAX
Risk Assessment Details
Risk assessments are carried out annually
Fire equipment is monitored monthly
Fire alarms weekly
Schools wishing to conduct pre-arranged assessments, are asked to make an appointment in advance
H and S / Fire records are available on request to group leaders.
Prices are seasonal, and range from £19,75 for one bed in share dormitory.
We also offer off peak rates to schools.
Details will be provided by our sales department, and subject to availability.
We also offer Dinner, Bed and breakfast packages. Please ask sales to provide details.
First Aid Information
Yes, various duty managers have first aid qualifications.
- Restaurant, Open from 12:00 – 20:00 Hours. Later for groups who pre-book dinners. Average cost £8,00 for 2 course, Menu available on request
2. Coffee shop – with snacks 24/7
3. Packed lunches are available – freshly made in house £5,50 – (pre book)
4. Common room 80 Sq Meters. Chill out Lounge
5. Wifi in public areas only – No Internet room
Accessibility & Disabled Facilities
- Disables access ramp by main entrance.
2. Disables room on ground floor – ensuit bathroom, wheelchair access
3. Disables bathroom ground floor main entrance, with shower facilities
4. Emergency pull cord – Yes.
Opening Hours & Information
24/7 365 Days a year.
The nearest underground/subway station to Driscoll House is Elephant and Castle. From there walk along New Kent Rd, for 7 minutes and you will arrive at our impressive building at 172 New Kent Rd.
Bus 453: Not only does this bus drive straight over Westminster Bridge (perfect for that infamous London photo with the double decker red buses passing Parliament House and Big Ben), but it then continues to Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street (SHOPPING!!) and finishing up at Marylbone station, very close to both Madame Tussauds and Sherlock Holmes Museum.
Bus 1/ 168/188/172/ 453/ 53: Will all take you to Waterloo from our front door.
Bus 63/ 168: Will take you to King's Cross where you can not only find Platform 9 and ¾ (Harry Potter for the muggle non-believers) but also find the Eurostar which in only a matter of hours will whisk you away to nearby Paris.</p
Room Sizes and Facilities
- Dormitories 4,6,8,10,12,20,33,All basic with share bathrooms / bunk beds
2. Twin Bunks ( 2 People – Teachers with ensuit)