Cumulus Outdoors Swanage Residential
The Springfield Grange Road, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5AL
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What we offer on a school trip
A Cumulus Coast adventure residential is the perfect choice for a school trip or leavers’ camp. Fun and educational the 3, 4 or 5 day programmes encourage students to enjoy and explore the great outdoors in stunning surroundings.
Set in a secluded camp on the edge of Poole Harbour, with 24 hour on-site pastoral care, each programme combines traditional bushcraft workshops with adventurous activities, from coasteering to kayaking and abseiling down sea cliffs. As a partner to the Jurassic Coast Trust we are now also able to offer bespoke educational sessions to incorporate added depth to your programme of activities into your school’s programme.
- Camp-craft: Students will work through workshops scenarios which cover a range of Bushcraft skills. Tailored to meet the age and abilities of the group, these workshops are designed to enhance their skills.
- Coasteering: An action-packed adventure along the world famous Jurassic Coastline, coasteering takes students on an exploration of caves, rock pools and cliffs. The activity includes swimming, scrambling and cliff jumping.
- Dorset Waterpark: Dorset Waterpark is a huge Woodland Waterpark spread over two lakes overlooking Corfe Castle. Each lake features different challenges for you to tackle.
- Kayaking: The students will have a lot of fun, learning how to control their kayaks and developing confidence in the water through basic paddle strokes and water safety techniques.
- Mackerel Fishing: Students will be taken along the coast to the best fishing spots with a friendly skipper who will show them the ropes and explain the fishing technique. Hopefully bringing back lots of Mackerel for the camp fire!
- Rock Climbing & Abseiling: The students will learn how to fit a climbing harness, tie basic climbing knots and enjoy sea cliff climbing.
- In-camp entertainment: The students will work in their teams to compete in a series of fun challenges, putting their problem-solving skills to the test