JCA Adventure Condover Hall Residential
Condover, Shrewsbury, SY5 7AU
MONTHS OPENFebruary, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
What we offer
With a unique combination of a mind-blowing setting and exciting on-site activities, we believe we have a winning formula that's guaranteed to motivate and stimulate your student's minds!
The accommodation at Condover Hall has been designed and furnished based on feedback from our existing schools to ensure that all our rooms are comfortable and the facilities are practical.
The safety and security of our customers is a primary focus for all of our team and groups are accommodated in one of our purpose-built blocks set within the grounds. A member of the JCA team is on-call 24hours a day, with senior staff on duty until 10:30pm and porters patrolling the grounds throughout the night from 10:30pm until 07:30am. Centre doors are secured in the evening, but can be opened from the inside in case of an emergency. Security barriers guard the entrance to the site.
What makes us a great choice?
A residential activity trip can be a giant leap for some children and for Group Leaders the prospect of planning a trip that meets the schools educational aims and learning outcomes can seem equally as daunting. Therefore, it's essential that you choose a provider who has experience, offers action-packed curriculum linked itineraries, represents exceptional value for money and who will support you from the initial enquiry - and JCA tick all the right boxes;
- Fun and friendly activity trips aimed at introducing students to new experiences
- Dedicated instructor per group, except for some specialist activities, who shares the entire experience, to help build relationships and confidence
- Full-board accommodation, with special dietary requirements catered for
- Full insurance as standard
- One free teacher place for every eight students travelling
- Our expert Sales and Customer Service Team will help you every step of the way in planning your JCA trip
- Tailored documentation provided to help teacher preparation, including Risk Assessments
- Parent Packs are supplied and include posters, DVD, PowerPoints and flyers, to help promote the JCA trip
- Easy payment plan to help all parents to budget for the trip
JCA feedback in numbers;
82% of last year's teachers marked the JCA accommodation as Good or Excellent
89% of last year's teachers marked the JCA activities as Good or Excellent
90% of last year's teachers marked the JCA service from Head Office as Good or Excellent
90% of last year's teachers marked the overall JCA experience as Good or Excellent
94% of last year's teachers marked the JCA instructors as Good or Excellent
We offer a combination of either one day or residential multi-activity courses from 2-4 nights - promoting education, personal development and of course, fun!
Accreditation and Awards
Our aim is to provide multi-activity courses with safety as our top priority and with the emphasis on enjoyment, education and self-development.
We acknowledge the roles of a range of regulatory and advisory bodies, and we strive to exceed the standards defined by BAPA (British Activity Providers Association), and the DfE (Department for Education), and a range of other sporting National Governing Bodies.
We are Learning Outside the Classroom accredited. The Learning Outside the Classroom Council believe that every young person should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances. Meaningful learning occurs through acquiring skills through real life hands on activities.
There is an increasing body of evidence which clearly demonstrates the benefits for young people's learning and personal development outside the classroom. In summary, when young people learn outside the classroom, they:
- are exposed to new experiences
- learn in different ways related to their learning styles
- are motivated to learn more and feel positive about learning
- become self-confident, developing self-esteem and self-awareness
- work together, fostering decision-making and teamwork
- improve communication skills with peers and adults
- are healthier, and their sense of well-being increases
- appreciate the links between formal and informal learning
JCA are Learning Outside the Classroom quality badge holders ensuring good practice, high quality teaching and learning experiences and risk management.
Our courses promote personal, social and health education by:
- allowing young people to face new challenges and overcome fears
- developing coordination and mastering new skills
- developing effective communication skills
- adapting to new situations and environments
- solving problems and taking responsibility
- encouraging discipline and self-control
- increasing self-esteem and confidence
- promoting team work
- gaining independence
- promoting a healthy lifestyle
- developing a positive attitude towards others and balancing points of view
Risk Assessment Details
Party leaders can book trip preview visits to any of our residential activity centres when planning a school trip. This will include overnight accommodation for up to two people if required. A preview visit gives you the opportunity to review the site, our accommodation, facilities and activities prior to your stay.
Simply contact one of our friendly advisors to request your visit: https://www.jca-adventure.co.uk/schools
Education Officer Information
Condover Hall has disabled facilities please contact Head Office for more information..
With so many facilities on site you will not have time to fit everything in. Our friendly staff will speak to you about your groups? requirements to ensure that you make the most of your stay at Condover Hall. We aim to tailor your trip to the needs of your student's and learning objectives.
- Cinema Room
- IT Suite
- Swimming Pool Complex
- Multi-activity Sports Hall
- Meeting Rooms
- All Weather Sports Area
- Adult cafe Area
- Gardens and Woodlands
I have been on many residential trips over the years and I can honestly say that our trip to Condover Hall was the best visit ever. The children had fun from the moment they arrived to the second they left. The accommodation was extremely comfortable (I?ve never had a TV in my room before!), the food was great and the overall organisation was perfect.
Amanda Charnley, Badsey First School
Condover Hall is set within the splendid Shropshire countryside and, with easy motorway access, this historic Mansion House and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and rolling countryside, giving a stunning and secure environment for our groups to enjoy.
Why not break up your journey to Condover with a visit to one of the local educational attractions? Around Condover, and amongst the beautiful Shropshire hills, there are wonderful museums and sites that will enrich the experience of your students. Below are just a couple of recommended excursion options, although we have a lot more options available online at: https://www.jca-adventure.co.uk/
Blists Hill Victorian Town
Wroxeter Roman City
The Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre
Room Sizes and Facilities
Spacious multi-bedded dormitories are available for students with bunk-beds and complimentary bedding. Most dormitories offer en-suite facilities and, depending upon the size of the group, it may be possible to take over one of the accommodation building entirely.
Teacher's rooms are comfortably furnished with flat screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary bedding. The teacher's rooms are a mixture of twin and single, most with en-suite facilities within the same building but separate to the children.
There are teacher's lounges in each block accommodating very comfortable leather chairs, flat screen TVs and kitchen facilities (except Hodnet block).