Repeating History Interactive Viking School Workshops South East and London
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Listed under: Food and Nutrition | History | Team Building | Storytelling | Historical Heritage | Crafts | School Workshops | Textiles | PE (Physical Education/Sport) | History | Geography | Viking Workshops
What are our school workshops like?
A typical day plan is below. We change this around depending on numbers and break and lunch durations. However, this should give you a good guide.
- Introduce Bjorn and explain back story and how he arrived at the school today, which will include a brief Viking history and a summary of what will be happening during the day.
- Write your name in runes / Choose a Viking name. Certificate of achievement to Bjorn’s school of Vikings.
- Raiding / Navigating talk
- Clothes display & talk. Clothes try on.
- Viking home chat - choose a Viking job
- Food display, guess which are the authentic Viking foods / Q&A
- Try using a quern stone milling stone to grind your grain, look at some Viking bread. Let’s play some Viking board games
- Battle talk
- Weaponry display and then into battle with shields & spears (safety ones of course) for children and the children form a shield wall all call battle cries
- Multiple choice quiz to check everything has been taken in. We always see top marks, with this fun way of learning!
- Bjorn’s farewell/ pictures