Drayton Manor Theme Park Staffordshire
Drayton Bassett, Tamworth, B78 3TW
MONTHS OPENMarch, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
Listed under: Art and Design | Wildlife and Nature Reserves | Theme Parks | Picnic Areas | Outdoor Pursuits | Outdoor Education | Indoor Activity & Soft Play Centres | Bird of Prey Centres | Adventure Playgrounds | Science | Music | Mathematics | History | Design and Technology | Citizenship | Zoos
What we offer
With fun for the whole family, children of all ages can enjoy the multitude of amazing rides on offer. Whether you’re wanting to enjoy the adrenaline pumping thrill rides such as the 54m drop tower, Apocalypse or maybe brave a swing on Maelstrom?
Drayton Manor Park is also home to Europe’s only Thomas Land, with over 25 rides and attractions based on the popular Thomas & Friends characters such as Cranky’s Drop Tower, Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster and so many more, you can meet Thomas and all his friends. Brand new in 2017 James and the Red Balloon ride arrived on the Island of Sodor.
No trip to Drayton Manor Park is complete without a visit to the 15 acre Zoo, undergoing a large development plan the Zoo has welcomed many new arrivals. Working solely with many large animal charities from around the world, the staff are working hard to raise as much money as possible to help support endangered animals in the wild. So if you’re visiting, make sure you pop along to visit the mob of mischievous Meerkat, the wonderful Sumatran Tigers and the new cute Red Pandas.
Drayton Manor also has an onsite 4 Star hotel. With 150 rooms, each with wi-fi, air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom and LCD TVs as standard and offers groups a special price. The hotel also offers 15 Thomas & Friends themed family rooms, Executive Doubles and Presidential Suites. For more information visit http://www.draytonmanorhotel.com/
What makes us a great choice?
Drayton Manor is more than just a great day out. We are also a giant physics experiment, a diverse business case study, a zoological study, a rollercoaster resource, and an exciting dinosaur discovery!
The education department is committed to offering an outstanding range of education sessions for all ages and abilities, using our unique setting to inspire and engage students in their learning.
Accreditation and Awards
Drayton Manor Park Education has been awarded the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge.
Group Sizes Catered For
The minimum for a park visit only, for both schools and groups, is 12 in one vehicle. There is no maximum number.
With education, some number restrictions may apply depending on the session you require and how you wish to organise your day; however, we will always strive to accommodate any group size. Please discuss your individual requirements with the Education Team.
School/College Groups – aged 3-18
Education sessions cover all ages, from Reception session such as Minibeasts, through Primary sessions, such as Dinosaur Discovery, Rollercoaster Forces or Evolution, and into secondary and college sessions such as Drayton Manor as a Business or Wildlife in Danger.
Materials, Resources & Information Provided
The schools and groups section of the website will provide you with detailed descriptions of the workshops and sessions on offer, linking them to the national curriculum objectives that your pupils will be studying. We will also be able to provide you with our Health & Safety pack and classroom risk assessment.
Finally, after your educational session you are also able to purchase the highly comprehensive PowerPoint used, which is especially recommended for any business session. These can be placed on a disk or emailed to you for ease of access.
Photography, Filming & Audio Restrictions
Photographs and videos are warmly welcomed.
Risk Assessment Details
Teachers are welcome to do pre-arranged risk assessments or ask for our Health and Safety Pack, which will provide answers for most questions. For teachers having an educational session with their visit, these tickets are arranged with the Education Department; for all other schools and groups, these can be arranged with our Call Centre.
Updated prices can be found at: www.draytonmanor.co.uk/schools-and-groups
No Specific clothing is required, but teachers should bear in mind that the majority of attractions are outdoors so suitable clothing depending on the weather should be worn.
First Aid Information
Drayton Manor Park has a First Aid department on site. This is staffed with two members of trained staff always. IHCD Certification. HSE Approved.
There are 11 toilets blocks at Drayton Manor Park all which meet requires standards set by disability laws as well as having nappy changing facilities. Located by our First Aid department we also have a hoist room available for use throughout the day. Thomas Land also has family rooms and changing rooms available for use.
There are a number of shops at the park including the largest Thomas & Friends shop in the world, located in Thomas Land.
There are plenty of places to eat, such as Humble Pies, Pizza and Pasta Safari Café, Chicken Diner and stalls/shops selling sweets, sandwiches, tea/coffee, donuts, hot dogs and soft drinks to suit all dietary requirements. We also have The Grill Inn restaurant which is a fully serviced restaurant located at the top of the park by Entrance 1.
Drayton Manor has many picnic areas where a packed lunch can be enjoyed.
Accessibility & Disabled Facilities
Please find additional information on our website at www.draytonmanor.co.uk/useful-info
Opening Hours & Information
For details on opening times and dates please visit www.draytonmanor.co.uk/opening-times
- The educational talk provided was outstanding and met all the required criteria in a much more professional manner than received at other attractions visited.’
• ‘Excellent organisation and well worth the money!!’
• ‘We particularly liked the range of activities and questioning that took place during the talk. It gave a chance for learners to discuss in groups their ideas/answers and broke up the hour.’
• ‘A very good talk, and an enjoyable day’
• “Thank you for a very informative and detailed presentation to support the pupils learning and progress towards the coursework element of their Leisure and Tourism qualification.”
• "Really helpful during the planning process and was excellent how the powerpoint was laid out and presented to the students in a way that entirely matched their research packs. Thanks for a great day"
• Thank you very much for being so accommodating and informative. The students gained a lot of information for their coursework.
• It was a worthwhile experience for pupils with an excellent talk.
• Thank you again for another visit, jam-packed full of information that enabled our students to make the most of their day.
• Communication with the education department and enthusiasm and friendliness of all staff was superb. I'd definitely recommend.
• The children and staff all really enjoyed it and it fitted perfectly with our current topic!
• It was excellent and I would certainly consider going to DMP again