JCA Adventure Condover Hall
Condover, Shrewsbury, SY5 7AU
MONTHS OPENFebruary, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
Listed under: Day Trip Destinations | Citizenship | Team Building | Personal Development-Mentoring | Outdoor Pursuits | Outdoor Education | Climbing, High Ropes & Zipwires | Tours and Trips | PSHE | PE (Physical Education/Sport) | Leisure and Tourism | Geography | Environmental Studies | School Tour Operators
What we offer
With a unique combination of a mind-blowing setting and exciting on-site activities, we believe we have a winning formula that's guaranteed to motivate and stimulate your student's minds!
What makes us a great choice?
A residential activity trip can be a giant leap for some children and for Group Leaders the prospect of planning a trip that meets the schools educational aims and learning outcomes can seem equally as daunting. Therefore, it's essential that you choose a provider who has experience, offers action-packed curriculum linked itineraries, represents exceptional value for money and who will support you from the initial enquiry - and JCA tick all the right boxes;
- Fun and friendly activity trips aimed at introducing students to new experiences
- Dedicated instructor per group, except for some specialist activities, who shares the entire experience, to help build relationships and confidence
- Full-board accommodation, with special dietary requirements catered for
- Full insurance as standard
- One free teacher place for every eight students travelling
- Our expert Sales and Customer Service Team will help you every step of the way in planning your JCA trip
- Tailored documentation provided to help teacher preparation, including Risk Assessments
- Parent Packs are supplied and include posters, DVD, PowerPoints and flyers, to help promote the JCA trip
- Easy payment plan to help all parents to budget for the trip
JCA feedback in numbers;
82% of last year's teachers marked the JCA accommodation as Good or Excellent
89% of last year's teachers marked the JCA activities as Good or Excellent
90% of last year's teachers marked the JCA service from Head Office as Good or Excellent
90% of last year's teachers marked the overall JCA experience as Good or Excellent
94% of last year's teachers marked the JCA instructors as Good or Excellent
We offer a combination of either one day or residential multi-activity courses from 2-4 nights - promoting education, personal development and of course, fun!
Accreditation and Awards
Our aim is to provide multi-activity courses with safety as our top priority and with the emphasis on enjoyment, education and self-development.
We acknowledge the roles of a range of regulatory and advisory bodies, and we strive to exceed the standards defined by BAPA (British Activity Providers Association), and the DfE (Department for Education), and a range of other sporting National Governing Bodies.
We are Learning Outside the Classroom accredited. The Learning Outside the Classroom Council believe that every young person should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances. Meaningful learning occurs through acquiring skills through real life hands on activities.
There is an increasing body of evidence which clearly demonstrates the benefits for young people's learning and personal development outside the classroom. In summary, when young people learn outside the classroom, they:
- are exposed to new experiences
- learn in different ways related to their learning styles
- are motivated to learn more and feel positive about learning
- become self-confident, developing self-esteem and self-awareness
- work together, fostering decision-making and teamwork
- improve communication skills with peers and adults
- are healthier, and their sense of well-being increases
- appreciate the links between formal and informal learning
JCA are Learning Outside the Classroom quality badge holders ensuring good practice, high quality teaching and learning experiences and risk management.
Our courses promote personal, social and health education by:
- allowing young people to face new challenges and overcome fears
- developing coordination and mastering new skills
- developing effective communication skills
- adapting to new situations and environments
- solving problems and taking responsibility
- encouraging discipline and self-control
- increasing self-esteem and confidence
- promoting team work
- gaining independence
- promoting a healthy lifestyle
- developing a positive attitude towards others and balancing points of view
Group Sizes Catered For
We have no minimum group size and cater for up to 570 guests at one time.
Materials, Resources & Information Provided
Upon booking a trip with JCA we provide a range of tools to ensure the organisation of your trip runs smoothly.
Preview visits to the centre can be arranged
We can complete your Educational Visits form for you
Access to Risk Assessments, Insurances and Safety Management Policy
Sample letters to parents to promote the trip
Posters to promote the trip around the school
Powerpoint Presentations for use at parent's evenings
Request a JCA staff member to assist at parent's evening
A DVD to provide a visual representation of JCA
Easy payment plan and savings cards for parents
Assistance throughout each stage of your booking
Party Leader Packs on your chosen centre and trip
Photography, Filming & Audio Restrictions
For health and safety purposes, we do not allow.
We are happy for our guests to capture their memories through cameras and videos, although, as health and safety is our primary concern, we do not advise cameras to be used during activities (unless they are specialist cameras such as GoPros). Whilst at a JCA centre, the Group Leader is responsible for the behaviour of their group and should ensure cameras and other recording equipment are used appropriately.
Risk Assessment Details
Party leaders can book trip preview visits to any of our residential activity centres when planning a school trip. This will include overnight accommodation for up to two people if required. A preview visit gives you the opportunity to review the site, our accommodation, facilities and activities prior to your stay.
Simply contact one of our friendly advisors to request your visit: https://www.jca-adventure.co.uk/schools
All of our residential trips can be tailored to suit your budget, as we can provide flexible durations ranging from either one day or residential multi-activity courses from 2-4 nights.
JCA will provide all the specialist equipment necessary for your child to undertake activities. We ensure all of our equipment conforms to the British or European standards. Daily safety and equipment checks are made and recorded at all of our centres. Risk assessments have also been carried out for all activities at our centres. A sample kit list can be found on our website:
First Aid Information
All of our instructors are fully trained in first aid, but it's advisable to bring your own qualified first aider who can administer any medication that is required or prescribed.
With so many facilities on site you will not have time to fit everything in. Our friendly staff will speak to you about your groups? requirements to ensure that you make the most of your stay at Condover Hall. We aim to tailor your trip to the needs of your student's and learning objectives.
- Cinema Room
- IT Suite
- Swimming Pool Complex
- Multi-activity Sports Hall
- Meeting Rooms
- All Weather Sports Area
- Adult cafe Area
- Gardens and Woodlands
Opening Hours & Information
We operate 7 days a week, from Feb to Nov, and our JCA staff are available 24 hours to support our guests.
I have been on many residential trips over the years and I can honestly say that our trip to Condover Hall was the best visit ever. The children had fun from the moment they arrived to the second they left. The accommodation was extremely comfortable (I?ve never had a TV in my room before!), the food was great and the overall organisation was perfect.
Amanda Charnley, Badsey First School