Avon Wildlife Trust Folly Farm Centre Bristol
Pensfold, Bishop Sutton, Bristol, BS39 4DW
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
What we offer on a school trip
We offer a wide range of day visits and residential programmes, giving students the chance to explore the natural world, learn new skills and challenge themselves. Our curriculum-linked programmes offer rich opportunities to explore the wealth of habitats and wildlife in this inspirational learning environment. Activities include:
- Exploration of Folly’s ancient woodland
- Aquatic invertebrate sampling (pond dipping)
- Badger watching and night walks
- Bushcraft and survival activities
- Creating your very own wildlife film
- Sustainability and teambuilding challenges
- Dissection of owl pellets
- A level biology investigations in woodlands and aquatic environments
- Practical conservation tasks
Please visit our website or contact us to find out more about our programmes and discuss how we can support your learning.
On-site accommodation for residential programmes is provided in our beautifully-restored 18th Century farmhouse. The kitchen provides home cooked meals for breakfast and dinner, and provides ingredients for a packed lunch. These meals are included in the price of your residential.
Professional learning programmes
Our practical programmes will help develop teacher knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver inspiring outdoor learning programmes. Courses are tailor-made to your needs and interests, covering everything from curriculum-linked programmes and practical conservation to bushcraft and wild play.