World Rugby Museum Twickenham Stadium Tours
twickenham Rugby Road, Twickenham, London, TW1 1DZ
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Listed under: PE (Physical Education/Sport) | Stadium Tours | STEM | Technology | Museums | Historical Heritage | Football Rugby & Cricket Clubs | Educational Tours | Day Trip Destinations | Science | Curriculum Subject / Activity Type | Media | Leisure and Tourism | ICT | History | Geography | Design and Technology | Business Studies | Art and Design
What we offer on a school trip
Educational groups are invited to explore the hallowed grounds of Twickenham Stadium on a tour with a rugby expert, journey through rugby history in the World Rugby Museum, and experience hands-on learning in a free education session.
Twickenham Stadium is the iconic Home of England Rugby and the most famous rugby venue in the world. Seating over 82,000 people, the stadium hosts England’s home matches, some Premiership Rugby matches and other rugby matches, as well as special events such as concerts. As well as soaking in the history and atmosphere of the stadium, schools will visit the World Rugby Museum where they’ll get an inspirational insight into the history of the global game while exploring the most extensive collection of rugby football memorabilia in the world.
From primary schools to university groups, the World Rugby Museum has a diverse educational programme to accommodate all groups. A free education session is available as part of the stadium tour package. Students will have a practical learning experience or the opportunity to discuss the ins and outs of rugby with a professional in the field at Twickenham Stadium.
On an educational trip:
- Take a seat in the England Dressing Room
- Imagine the roar of the crowd as you run out of the players' tunnel to take in the view pitch-side
- Absorb the atmosphere from the best seats in the house in the Royal Box
- Follow the history of the game in the World Rugby Museum, from its origins at Rugby School to the present day
- Explore a glittering array of trophies including the Calcutta Cup made from 270 silver rupees
- Take up the challenge of discovering "What Kind of Rugby Player Are You?" in the Play Rugby Zone
- Become a commentator, choose your ultimate World Fifteen team, and find out how to become a rugby coach, referee, or physio in a variety of interactive displays
- Take part in an educational workshop linked to National Curriculum objectives