Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall Indoor Interactive Warwickshire
Shakespeare's Schoolroom & Guildhall Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6HB
MONTHS OPENJanuary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Listed under: Medieval School Tours | Tudor Workshops | Medieval Workshops | Science | Tourism Organisations | Special Educational Needs (SEN) | Museums | Historical Heritage | Historic Buildings | Educational Tours | Day Trip Destinations | Curriculum Subject / Activity Type | Religious Education | Mathematics | Leisure and Tourism | History | Geography | English | Drama / Performing Arts | Design and Technology | Art and Design
What we offer on a school trip
Discover where William Shakespeare was educated and inspired to become the world’s greatest playwright.
A visit to Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall offers a fun, informal and authentic experience that brings history to life for any educational group. All visits are designed to make the best use of your time and provide an unforgettable learning experience.
You are invited to step into Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall and immerse yourself in fifteenth and sixteenth century Stratford-upon-Avon.
A visit includes:
- Entrance to Shakespeare’s Schoolroom & Guildhall.
- Explore the very building in which young William Shakespeare was educated in the 1570s and the Council Chamber where his father served as Bailiff (Mayor).
- Knowledgeable and passionate guides bring to life the many stories about the building’s role including the space where a young William first witnessed performances by the country’s greatest actors of the day.
- Short film by Michael Wood on the history of the Guildhall, the building he calls “one of the most atmospheric, magical and important buildings in the whole of Britain”.
- Interpretation of medieval wall paintings, the Court of record & Stratford’s Guildhall.
- Participate in an interactive Tudor Schoolroom lesson with Shakespeare’s last teacher, Master Thomas Jenkins and brush up on your Latin!
- Quill writing session.
- Dressing up in Tudor Master costume.
This immersive, informative, and engaging experience provides a crucial chapter in the story of Shakespeare's life in his hometown - his education and the inspiration that led him to become the world’s greatest playwright.