Xplore Walnutree Manor Suffolk
Region: East of EnglandDisabled Facilities: Yes
Category: Accommodation & Residential Trips
Address: Walnutree Manor, Haughley Green, , Suffolk IP14 3RQ
Contact: 01449 742 700
Walnutree Manor is a 20-acre site in the heart of the Suffolk countryside. Previously an independent boarding school, Xplore has recently developed this venue in to an all-year-round adventure activity and education centre.
With accommodation split across the main house and another boarding facility this centre is ideal for 1 large group or multiple smaller groups. Not only are there plenty of activities on-site at Walnutree Manor but with our Finborough Hall site only 5 miles away, groups can also utilize the water and climbing facilities there too.
Staff live on site offering 24 hour support to group leaders.
Do you have a video link on YouTube or anywhere else regarding your accommodation?
Are you on twitter or facebook? If so what are the links for our users to follow?
What size groups do they cater for?
Walnutree Manor has 100 beds.
Please provide location information?
Stowmarket train station is 4 miles away offering transport to London, Norwich and Cambridge.
London by coach is 2 hours drive. Bury St Edmunds is 20 minutes drive and Norwich is 50 minutes drive
why you are great for educational visits?
Xplore takes pride in delivering a first class educational visit for schools. We work closely with teachers from the very start to create a bespoke programme that delivers all the requirements of the trip. Our staff are selected by a very stringent interview and reference process followed up by enhanced police checks. The best applicants who are offered employment are then provided with all the training they require ensuring they deliver quality and safe educational activity sessions and pastoral care. They choose to work for us because they, like us, want to help every student to achieve the best they can.
During the groups stay, we ensure that every student is not only learning but also enjoying themselves, whilst interacting with peers and staff. We believe that school residentials should generate great memories to be kept forever. Every student has the ability to excel and our staff spend the time to make sure that the best is brought out in everyone.
Each of our activities has a specific set of Learning Outcomes that we explain to the students before they commence and use positive encouragement throughout to help them to achieve the best they can in a fun and safe environment. At the end of the activity, the Learning Outcomes are re-enforced with a de-brief. The day is brought to a close with a group meeting back to review what was learnt in the day and as a team to praise everyone for their achievements.
We are registered with Ofsted and have been accredited with the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, proving our dedication to education, learning and safety in every activity that we deliver.
Year on year, groups return to us because of the quality of our staff, the care and attention we give to the group before, during and after their stay and of course the high level to which we deliver our programmes. Through commendations and recommendations we are gaining more groups every year right through from Key Stage 1 to A-Level and FE students.
Is there anything you offer specifically for educational visits?
For those groups looking to travel with an educational focus, we have a number of ways in which we can design tailor-made group programmes that are fun and interesting whilst achieving specific learning outcomes.
Applying the principles of “Every Child Matters” and “Learning Outside the Classroom” as well as the knowledge and experience we have of working with numerous UK school groups, our programmes reinforce many subjects and topics within the National Curriculum.
Our programmes are designed with a focus on the development of all students in a fun and interactive environment, giving them the chance to experience different cultures and communities. A variety of tasks/challenges will help keep both body and mind active, whilst increasing the students’ self-esteem and enhancing their ability to work as part of a team and independently.
Key Stages 1-4
Our National Curriculum “bolt-on” options offer experiential learning, adapted specifically for students at any of the Key Stages and can be added into any of our programmes. These bolt-on options include:
• “River Studies” – A wet and wild way to study rivers and flow rates
• “Habitats” - a trail of exploration looking for the homes of all the wondrous creatures that live around our vast surroundings. From woodlice to woodpeckers and beetles to badgers we look at how they all live in harmony together and what affect humans have on their communities.
• “Forces” - invites the students to become their own human experiment. Grappling with gravity as they descend the abseil tower, getting immersed in water surface tension as they attempt to build a sturdy raft and be blown over by air resistance, then bringing it all together at the end to plan their own experiment and design their way to success!
• “Communication & Participation” - allows the students to develop their understanding of teamwork by gathering their thoughts on a real life issue in the local area. These fun and energetic sessions encourage them to express their opinions to the group concisely and help them deliver a solid argument.
• Expedition (including camping)
• Land based specific training including roped activities
• Water based activities including paddling skills development
• Camp craft and survival
• Historical re-enactments
• Music – including African drumming
• Multi curricular - Lego Wedo incorporating PSHE, science, maths, English, technology.
• Sports Leaders (Level 1 and 2)
• “The Chimera’s Lair” Business and Enterprise Programme - designed specifically for Key Stage 4 students, to teach them about the business world ahead of them. Our experts will encourage them along the way helping them to overcome some difficult decisions that may make or break their company. Does your school have the next Richard Branson or Alan Sugar? There’s only one way to find out…
• PSHE and Citizenship – work as a team and also push personal boundaries and comfort zones to learn more about yourself and what makes an effective team. Fundamental skills to take on to further education or a working career.
The programmes we run at any of the Key Stages are designed to challenge students at the appropriate level and throughout, encourage them to think about the world around them and the effects it has on them and others.
Further & Higher Education
For Colleges and Universities at Klub Group Adventure we offer a variety of programmes and awards both in the UK and further a field, covering vocational and educational elements specific to course requirements. Our staff are fully trained to deliver and assess all units in the modules to a very high standard. Evidence is collected throughout the stay and recorded in logbooks, which can be used in both internal and external verification of the course.
• Public Services Courses – We can run and assess units and modules within the Public Services BTEC and new Diploma using our adventure activities to help the students to learn. Some of our more popular programmes are:
• Land and Water Based Adventurous Activities and Teamwork (Level 2 & 3)
• Land Navigation & Expedition Skills (Level 2 & 3)
• Team Leadership & Team Development (Level 3)
• Sport & Active Leisure Diploma & Sports Leader Awards Level 2 & 3 – We work closely with some of the top colleges and schools to develop residential programmes for The Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure at all levels, ensuring that what we deliver is exactly what your students need.
Do you provide projects, teacher’s packs, work sheets or any useful information?
We create and design worksheets to reinforce the learning of any curriculum criteria. Once we know the group requirements we then initiate programme and support material development.
Can you provide information regarding room sizes and room facilities?
Student Accommodation 2-8 bedded rooms (separate male and female toilet and shower facilities)
Adult Accommodation Single/Twin rooms (separate toilet and shower facilities)
Are visitors allowed to take photos, video or audio, if appropriate?
Anything like this needs to be agreed upon prior to the groups visit, ensuring all permissions have been given. We don’t have a problem with photos or video being taken as long as everyone has agreed to it.
What is your process for booking pre arranged risk assessments?
An information pack detailing all risk assessments, certification, kit list, programme, etc is provided to the school upon booking. We also welcome those teachers wishing to do a site inspection prior to their groups visit and are more than happy to show them around.
What is the cost of the accommodation?
All programmes and packages are tailor-made and are therefore quoted on a bespoke basis. However, 2 night visits start from £90 per student and 4 night visits start from £199 per student.
We offer 1 FREE adult place per 10 students attending.
Please list facilities available?
We have large dining hall which serves meals throughout the day. Cost of meals are included in the package price. Packed lunches are provided for days that are spent off site on excursions. We have common rooms, classrooms and social areas. There is an IT suite with internet access available.
Does your accommodation have an education officer?
Do you have first aid on site or will the group need to bring a qualified first aider?
All our staff are fully trained and qualified in pediatric first aid or First Aid at Work and are on call 24 hours a day.
Are there disabled facilities?
Walnutree Manor has disabled facilities please contact Head Office for more information.
What are your opening days and hours?
Our Head Office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Our residential centres are open all year round.
Is there anything else that you feel is important and want to include in your information?
We have multiple centres available at different times of the year – please contact us for more details on 01449 742700 or email email@example.com
This venue has the following accreditation:
We have been awarded the LOtC Quality Badge and we are also a member of the ‘Institute for Outdoor Learning’, which ‘encourages outdoor learning by developing quality, safety and opportunity to experience outdoor activity provision and by supporting and enhancing the good practice of those who work in the outdoors’
We are also Ofsted registered on a voluntary basis and will be inspected every 3 years.?Xplore is committed to safeguarding all children and young people who come to our centres, which is why we work with SAFEchild. We have also been inspected by ABLS one of the UK boarder agency approved accreditation bodies and have ABLS Accreditation.
Age of Children / Pupils: 5 – 7 years 8 – 10 years 11 – 13 years 14 – 16 years
Months Open: All Year Round January February March April May June July August September October November December
Accommodation Type: Outdoor Residential Centres